Decorating for the holidays can be an intimidating ordeal. Is your judgmental neighbor going to approve of your centerpiece? Is your décor fun and exciting enough to get the kids into the holiday spirit? Does that rug really tie the room together? Well, we’re here to make holiday decorating a breeze by teaching you a couple of quick hacks. The best part? You can get the jars you need for these decorations right here on Jar Store!
Cinnamon Stick Candle Holders
Starting out with a simple craft that will certainly give your candles a bit of extra holiday cheer, these cinnamon stick holders pair very nicely with a Winter-themed scented candle!
- Glass jars, (like our 5.25 oz Libbey Tumbler)
- Cinnamon sticks, approximately the same height or slightly taller than jar
- Hot glue
- Ribbon or burlap, if desired
- Hot glue cinnamon sticks around the jar, letting it dry completely.
- Hot glue ribbon or burlap around the middle of the sticks and tie in bow if desired.
- For more festive fun, glue on faux cranberries or mistletoe!
See how easy that was? We told you these would be super simple crafts! Now you’ve taken those boring candles and turned them into a festive holiday decoration (and those cinnamon sticks smell pretty great too!).
Festive Floating Candles
What’s better than a good old fashioned candle? Well, what if it was floating?
- Glass jars, like the 12.5 oz Libbey Candle Container or 16 oz Anchor Canning Jar for a more impressive effect
- Tea candles
- Fillers- small pine cones, dried orange or apple slices, cranberries, cloves, bushel of rosemary – get creative!
- Essential oil if desired, such as rosemary, orange, or cinnamon
- Layer your fillers into the jar and add water to cover- be sure that your fillers, like your pine cones or rosemary sprigs, are not sticking above the water line.
- Add 4-6 drops of essential oil if using.
- Set your floating tea candle on top!
Not only are these an impressive use of tea candles, these look excellent in dim lighting as well! They’re like nice little forest themed holiday lanterns that you can lay out around your house.
Even Easier Extra Ideas!
Deck the Halls
Any good decorator will tell you that presentation is key. Would you rather lay out your holiday peppermints in the bag that they came in or in a fancy, elegant glass jar? Try out the clamp-top Hermes jars for a brand new way to display your holiday candies, while still maintaining that classic, “homey” feel.
Raise a Glass
Feeding a crowd? Check out Jar Store’s beverage glasses to ensure enough matching pieces for your table. Your guests will be impressed when that holiday punch is served with matching glasses, instead of just any old plastic cups from the cupboard. Our glasses can also be used to pass out portioned desserts such as mousse and jello – or even just pie filling with whipped cream on top!
Did you follow along with any of our Holiday Decorating Life Hacks and DIY’s? If you did, we’re certain that your home is looking absolutely stylish, and your family and friends are finding it easy to get into that holiday spirit! We’d love to see your take on our DIY’s, so send us a photo on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest!