In order to make accurate Thanksgiving or Christmas stovetop stuffing or holiday stuffing chicken casserole, you should come prepped to go with the best recipe. Holiday stuffing mix in a jar ensures a quick meal creation since all of your core spices and ingredients are already pre-sliced and contained all in one space for simple pouring out and cooking.
As we all know, stuffing is all about the bread cubes. So the proper DIY stuffing cubes for Thanksgiving make all of the difference in your stuffing mix.
THE INGREDIENTS FOR THE HOLIDAY STUFFING MIX IN A JAR
- 3-4 cups unseasoned bread cubes
- 3 tablespoons dried celery flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper (One can’t forget the traditional salt and pepper seasoning base!)
THE DIRECTIONS FOR FILLING THE HOLIDAY STUFFING MIX IN A JAR
- In a 1 quart canning jar, place unseasoned bread cubes and seal tight.
- In a small bowl, combine the next 7 ingredients and blend well.
- Place in a small baggie and seal tight.
- Attach the season/spice baggie to the jar of bread cubes.
- Decorate jar with festive holiday embellishments like Santa hat trinkets, colorful red and white ribbon, acorns, leaves, and whatever else comes to mind when you think of Thanksgiving and Christmas ribbon. And/or place a piece of cut out Thanksgiving or Christmas cloth over top of lid and seal with the ring.
THE DIRECTIONS FOR STOVETOP COOKING FROM THE HOLIDAY STUFFING MIX IN A JAR
To make it a cool gift in a jar, if that is your intent for a cooking enthusiast friend or relative, get decorative with the paper medium you’ll use to scribe the directions. You also might want to consider putting the holiday stuffing mix into a more decorative jar like a 32 oz. Anchor cracker jar that will look great on countertops and has four, flat panels perfect for labels and nameplates. Maybe consider using Thanksgiving or Christmas-themed stickers, trinkets, and color schemes to adorn the directions.
Then attach these stove top stuffing mix in a jar directions to the jar:
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, add 1 1/2 to 2 cups of chicken broth or water, diced boneless skinless chicken breasts or shreds of rotisserie chicken, 2 Tbs. margarine/butter and contents of seasoning mix in the holiday stuffing mix in a jar to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add bread cubes and mix well.
- Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir and serve!
THE DIRECTIONS FOR BAKING FROM THE HOLIDAY STUFFING MIX IN A JAR AS A STUFFING CHICKEN CASSEROLE:
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Simply add all of the aforementioned ingredients (plus 1/3 cup sour cream and 10.5 oz cream of chicken soup!) to a greased casserole dish or baking dish.
- Mix hot water and the holiday stuffing mix in a jar. Pour the mixture over the top of the ingredients.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and topping is browned.
Then pair with classic holiday food favorites: green beans, cranberry sauce, and any other favorite festive side dish.
Now, talk about quick and easy with just under thirty minutes of prep time!