What are some good Christmas gifts ideas for moms? Some good Christmas gifts ideas for moms (or even sisters, aunts, grandmothers, and other loved ones) are always some beauty items. Why not be very festive by giving Christmas nail polish colors in a set? Here is how to make Christmas nail polish as a perfect gift in a jar! Then we’ll conclude with some festive Christmas nails ideas to try on yourself or to throw in your nail polish gift set to inspire your gift recipient.
THE SUPPLIES TO MAKE YOUR OWN CHRISTMAS NAIL POLISH
- Nail polish base
- Colorant. Feel free to use any oil-based or oil-dispersible cosmetic (emphasis on this word) coloring for your Christmas nail polish. Craft glitters, food dyes, or other non-cosmetic colorants might not behave well in nail polish since they aren’t designed for that purpose. Mineral micas, powdered colorants, provide an earthy shimmer. Dry powders also will evenly disperse throughout the clear polish base. For bright colored shades that are clear and glossy, look for oil-dispersible ultramarines and oxides. For matte color, try adding a pinch of cornstarch. Colored clay, cosmetic glitters, and even dried spices like turmeric and beetroot powder (just know that the latter may stain your nails!).
- Small 1.5 oz jar, 3.7 oz jar, or 4 oz jar with tops for the nail polish containment
- Nail art brushes and nail polish mixing balls that you can find on Amazon or any craft store or aisle in Walmart.
- Miniature funnels
- Popsicle sticks or miniature scoops
- Christmas colors. You can never go wrong with a White Christmas or red and green. Try to be festive with a twist and opt for different shades of such hues to create your unique custom nail polish.
THE STEPS TO MAKE YOUR OWN CHRISTMAS NAIL POLISH
- Place the nail polish mixing balls into the empty polish jars, and insert a miniature funnel into the glass jar’s neck.
- Use the tip of a popsicle stick or a miniature scoop to add glitter or colorants to the funnel. You can stick to one color or create your own blends by mixing multiple colorants together. Add a large pinch of color to make a sheer polish or as much as 1/4-1/2 teaspoon for a heavier, more opaque color.
- Gently tap the bottle and funnel to drop the colorant into the bottle. Be careful not to spill the colorants or get glitter everywhere. This part can be VERY messy!
- Remove the funnel, carefully fill the bottle with polish base, and screw the cap onto the bottle.
- It will take a lot of effort to mix the polish for the first time, so shake the jar for 30-60 seconds, or until the colors are well blended into the base.
- Apply your DIY nail polish to your nails! Be sure to use a good base coat and top coat along with your custom polish. This will help make the color last and show off your gorgeous custom polish its best.
If making this nail polish for a gift in a jar, simply drop the DIY nail art supplies from above into a gift bag or drop them into a larger mason jar with other nail art tools like nail polish remover to create a complete kit for your gift recipient.
WHAT ARE SOME EASY NAIL ART DESIGNS?
For easy Christmas nail art designs, here are 5 Festive Christmas Nail Art Ideas!
Now, get to creating and painting your DIY nail art!