CONTINUOUS THREAD LINED LIDS (Mason Jar Lids)
These come in Gold, Black, Silver and White. Be sure that you choose “lined” when choosing from the drop down menu for lid choices. These are not to be used in a hot water bath method of canning, (see High Heat Lids Below). The Plastisol liner is thin, and meant to be used as follows:
• Heat the food to be canned to boiling (212°F)
• Clean the jars and lids in the dishwasher, and use while still warm
• Pour the food into the jar, leaving a 1/2 inch space at the top
• Screw on the Continuous Thread lid tightly
• Let cool completely. The Seal is made when the food cools and sucks down on the lid
• No need to shrink wrap. Recommended shelf life is one year
HIGH HEAT CONTINUOUS THREAD BUTTON LID
These lids come in Gold only, and have a “button” top. The Plastisol liner is Heavy Duty and is meant to seal using the Hot Water Bath Method. Recommended shelf life is one year. Recommended High Heat if bath method is longer then 10-12 minutes.
TWIST OFF LIDS/LUG LIDS/HEAVY DUTY PLASTISOL LIDS
These lids come in Gold, Black and Silver. The Plastisol liner is Heavy Duty. They can be used for canning with either of the above methods. This is the type of lid used on 85 percent of commercial food jars. A sealed lid will be more concaved than non-sealed lids. Recommended shelf life is one year.
Cannot re-use lids when canning. All glass is tempered to handle candles, exception may be some of the larger jars. For filling use this example: For a 9oz jar, the ideal fill is 7 oz., etc.
We encourage customers to clean and sanitize jars before they use them.
jarstore.com has a Shopper Approved rating of 4.7/5 based on 3170 ratings and reviews