Ragweed Allergy Relief Inhalant in a Jar with Pumpkin SpiceSeptember 11, 2020
Fall Décor DIY Ideas: Mason Jar Turkey Craft & More!October 5, 2020
Fall is officially here! The change to dry, colder weather brings a needed change in body protection against chaffed hands!
This Pumpkin Spice DIY Lotion has the fall favorite scent of sweet and spicy pumpkin pie we all love coupled with shea butter that your skin will love!
You can also use other natural skin butters that you might prefer since everyone’s skin and preferences are different. Yet since they are all natural butters, your skin won’t be subject to harshness. With the weather already naturally making you susceptible to such roughness, why add on to it with synthetic body care products?
INGREDIENTS & SUPPLIES
(Be sure you get explicitly stated organic varieties of all of the following for your pumpkin spice DIY lotion!)
- Heaping 1/4 cup ORGANIC shea butter, cocoa butter, mango butter, or any other butter of choice.
- 2 Tablespoons each, organic almond oil & organic coconut oil. Or you can just do one or the other.
- 1 teaspoon organic beeswax. Optional for this pumpkin spice DIY lotion, particularly if you are vegan or allergic.
- 1/4 teaspoon organic paprika
- Canning Jars. Consider 8 oz. jars or 10 oz. jars like an 8 oz. Tureen jar for at home and 4 oz. squat mason jars or 4 oz. squat jelly jars for on-the-go, instant moisturizing.
- Stand or Hand Mixer
To Make Your Own Pumpkin Spice Scent!
- 8-10 drops cinnamon essential oil
- 5-7 drops nutmeg essential oil
- 2-3 drops clove essential oil
- 1-2 drops ginger essential oil
- 1-2 drops allspice essential oil
For Those Who Want a Pumpkin Spice Scent Quicker!
20-25 drops of Pumpkin Spice fragrance oil (Just be sure the ingredients are still organic and natural!)
- Mix butter, coconut oil, almond oil, and beeswax and put over a double boiler or a makeshift double boiler of a pot placed on top of a pot of water work.
- Now take the heated mixture and whip with a mixer until all ingredients are melted and well combined. This will take about 10 minutes to get to a whipped consistency. You’ll know when the mixture starts to take on a uniform yellow color with small bits of shea still visible. When the mixture just slightly holds to a spoon, you can bump up the mixer speed to 3-4. Keep increasing the whipping speed as more air incorporates into the mixture and it becomes less sloppy and liquid. If you want your DIY lotion thicker then add some more coconut oil.
- Add paprika based on how bright you want the color. The more paprika, the brighter the orange. Let paprika seep and give color for about 10 minutes.
- Add in the 20-25 drops of fragrance oil. Whip to incorporate.
- Pour the pumpkin spice DIY lotion mixture into the jars with tight lids. Allow it to “harden up” over the next couple of days.
Once ready, just open up your jar, dabble out some of the lotion and spread on your skin before stepping out for the day!