Lemonade is a delicious drink any day of the year. However, on a hot August afternoon, it is especially refreshing. So it is appropriate that National Lemonade Day takes place on August 20th. Let us beat the heat with a few fun recipes! Multicolored and layered lemonades have been all the rage this summer. What many do not know is that it is relatively easy to make a pretty drink!
We put together a couple of lemonade recipes that are sure to impress your friends and family. Kick back on the patio and enjoy the last few days of summer with a refreshing homemade ombre drink served in our rustic 16 oz Wide Mouth Jar!
Layered Blue Lagoon
Blue curacao syrup is one of the simplest ways to create a beautiful blue drink. This ready-made syrup can be found both with and without alcohol. Make in our 16.5 oz Libbey Drinking Jar for perfect picnic vibes.
- Add a handful of ice to the bottom of your glass
- Top with ¼ cup of blue curacao syrup
- Add more ice on top of the curacao
- Top with your preferred lemonade and sparkling or carbonated beverage
This blue lemonade is striking in its color and even more so in its flavor. Try adding some pineapple juice and maraschino cherries as well!
Layered Lemonade Slushie
There is no better way to celebrate the end of summer than with an ice-cold, refreshing slushie drink!
Choose two to three colors you would like to layer. Complement the sunset with purple and blue, keep it classic with red, yellow, and white, or layer your favorite teams’ colors to kick off the football season!
- Blend 1 cup of lemonade with 1 cup of ice and 4+ drops of food coloring until your desired color and texture is achieved.
- Pour into a serving bowl, rinse the blender well, and repeat with the next color.
- When all colors are blended, scoop each layer into our Libbey Drinking Jar.
- Top with a sparkling or carbonated beverage
- Garnish with a lemon wedge, and then admire your delicious creation and enjoy!
For more pizzaz, rim your serving glasses with colored sugar, sprinkles, or a sour blend before adding your drink. Add fresh fruit to up your aesthetic game!
There is no better way to show off your cold concoctions than with our Libbey Drinking Jars. With a handle for easing holding and a smooth, clear body, these jars are just what you need for your end-of-summer parties.