I don’t know about you but fall is one of our favorite times here around the Jar Store. The leaves are changing, canning season is in full swing, warm apple cider is a staple and pumpkin carving will be happening anytime now. These are just a few of the awesome things fall gives us. Another awesome thing fall gives us is pumpkin seeds, thats right pumpkin seeds, fresh out the pumpkin and baked to a golden perfection. The smell alone is intoxicating….
As silly as it may sound, one of the closely guarded secrets in my family is the pumpkin seed recipe. I wish I could say I was kidding, but I’m not. No one really remembers where it came from, just that it has been passed down through the family forever. I’ve decided that it’s time to be shared, sharing is caring.. right? So here goes…
Wickedly Yummy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Thoroughly rinse seeds and pick out stray bits of pumpkin
- Pat them dry and/or squeeze excess moisture out with paper towel
- In a glass bowl combine worcestershire sauce, salt and melted butter, and stir
- Add your seeds to the seasoning mixture and stir together for a minute.
- Let them sit for 5 minutes to soak up some of the seasoning goodness.
- Pour seeds and any remaining mixture on a cookie sheet, preferably one with sides.
- Bake for two hours, stirring every half hour or until browned and crispy – but not burnt
Let cool and enjoy!
Store in airtight container.